Sunday, January 21, 2007

WAINWRIGHT







Hello everyone, hope all is well in civilasaion. I do wish i was there at the baby shower. I would like to guess that Fi will have a girl named sara, and will be 2 days late. Sorry, just a feeling I have ;)
So as for here, well friday was payday, and the gang went drinking at Boston pizza. Yes Boston Pizza is the only place good enough to eat and hang out at, sad but true. I played baby sitter and got home around 3am. the others kept drinking in one of the rooms. I would have joined them but i had to be up early in the morning to buy some coveralls. Seems the shop i work out of cant get normal size coverals. There are a fwe others that also need to buy. So I was told about a store the next town west of Wainwright that has great prices. The store is called Fabian trading post, and yes it is in the town of Fabian. So one coworker came with, his name is R. We head out to the store, which is a 30min drive and is very god forsaken. The town has about 20 houses and two stores. no sotp signs and no traffic lights, now thats small. The store is great though, Very cheep and has tons of nick nacks and yes work clothing. They have Nomex fire retardent coveralls for $130, and cheep coveralls 4 for $100. I looked at a great pair, lots of pockets, zipper front, velcro covered pockets, and zipper legs to fit over boots. $35 each, so I picked out 3. The real funny thing is that the satff was in amazment over my phone, they acted like they never saw one before. Now i know it is a small town, but they are not remove from civilisation. After the shopping spree, R and I desided to go to LLoydville, and this time i brought my camera. So here are some of the pics for your enjoyment. :)

Here is some natural gas pumps. Also in a farmers field.

Here is a great shot of the sky. BTW the openes is not a lake, it is a field. A cold, frozen open field. Sorry it is on an angle.

Here is one of the many oil pumps in Alberta. This one is in a farmers field, every pump is roughly $5.00 made, $3 goes to the farmer for use, the rest is to the oil company.

Here is a job sign from timmy's.

Here is a shot of the sceanery. The distance is about a two hour drive

Here is a shot of the main drag of Wainwright. ( and I told you only one shot would do it. ;))

2 comments:

celestialspeedster said...

You should have brought your pimp outfit to use as coveralls since it fit like a glove and Amy would probably be glad to have an excuse to throw it out.

Jon (pimpin) said...

I would but, they dont really conform the the safety standards, if any.