Tuesday, January 30, 2007

WAINWRIGHT,

THE BEST ENTRY TO DATE:

Ok so I am delaying the entry to cover the weekend for two reasons, one is that the internet was down Sunday night, and this came along which is so my more interesting.
So it’s Monday night, and A called me to ask if I wanted to go for a drive. Since I wasn’t going to do anything a drive would be nice. So A and I headed out to Tofield. To allow you to understand what we went out to drive, I will give a brief description. SO on hwy 14, the railway tracks are on the south side in Wainwright, but somehow the tracks go on the north side, but we never noticed how. So we decided to find out. Yes we drove for over an hour to find out where the tracks switch sides. (Actually we went to look at a truck for sale, but it ended up being all about the train.) THIS IS NOT THE FUNNY PART. So we found how the tracks switch, it goes under the highway. There now you know, and you say you don’t learn much out here. So we decided to go through the main drag of Wainwright upon arriving back. So we did, and also took a drive through the “new Wainwright” which is just new houses. We saw 8 light illuminating the darkness in a pattern, so we decided to check it out. I think, and still think its where “THEY” keep the now frozen aliens, of which thaw in the spring time. As we were driving down the road, the Mounties that were driving in the opposite direction turned on their roof light and tried to make a uturn. In the side mirror I see the cruiser make a turn right into the ditch; yes the boys ditched their car trying to pull us over. A and I decided to help them out, being the nice city boys that we are. So we back up to the boys, laughing like little school girls, we stopped, got out and one of them said “hi guys, well your free to go”. They were trying to get a tow truck. Oddly enough, it is hard to do out here, because there were not tow trucks that could pull them out. (Wait its gets funnier). So I asked if they had a rope, (which they do, I guess this happens often.) So A asked a good question, he asked what the speed limit is, so one of them says “50 or 60, I think, defiantly not 80, maybe”. Um not sure how one issues a ticket to a speed limit no one is sure of. This is why I defiantly think THEY have frozen aliens where the lights are. Well A and I tried to pull them out of the ditch, but the Mounties driver didn’t turn his wheels the right way and got stuck even more. I un hooked the cruiser and A’s van, and rolled up the tow rope, as the two officers decided who to call to get out of the ditch. One of the officers has a brother with a big truck. He makes a quick call and wakes his brother up, and gets him to pull the cruiser out of the ditch. I offer them a ride back to the detachment. One says to the other that one should go back since THERE IS NONE ELSE TO RESPOND IF SOMETHING HAPPENS. God I miss the ramdonis of the city, until now. So we drive one of the Mounties back, he thanks us, and we went home, laughing our heads off. And hopefully you are laughing as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG hahaha that was sooo randomly funny :P This is "A"'s son... I can't believe that the mounties are that special out there... and there is most likely aliens where the lights are... :)

Good Story, funny to read... provided a minimul source of entertainment for like a couple mins while reading :)

Thanks and keep up the good work!!!

Jon (pimpin) said...

Nice meeting you, and glad you enjoy it. I wonder who else is reading this?

Anonymous said...

Loved the story. Stay warm.
Love, Mum

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon,

Believe me when I say this, a bunch of us are reading your stories and thoroughly enjoying them. We like the bleakness of Wainwright and your descriptions of it. We're looking forward to you joining us in the "real world" soon.

J & D